On the water, Newport bridge

On the water, Newport bridge
My happy place

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Second Presidential Debate
Sunday Oct. 9


This clearly isn't the first election I will be voting for, however, this is one of the first elections that I've honestly taken interest in. Is it because of the cast of characters? Maybe, but I really tried to watch it this past Sunday. With TVs surrounding me at work, each one showing the debate of course, I was still only able to catch bits and pieces of the event. Because, as I said, I was at work.
To me, this debate, as the last one, was nothing but insults flying at each other, with the most recent discoveries of Trumps past conduct on the forefront. I actually turned the last debate off. I couldn't take it any more. I made it a social hour for my friends and I. Come over, I have cocktails, we'll watch the debate. That night ended early. So this past Sunday, I was excited to catch what I could while still doing my job . I noticed, as everyone else did .... that no real questions were answered. Our country should be scared. I am. I didn't vote for Obama, either time, but that man has more dignity and composer on stage than Trump and Clinton combined. If it were allowed to vote for a third term for Obama, I'd seriously consider it. As a single woman, who lost her health benefits with divorce, I am truly thankful for Obama Care. I'm not saying its perfect, it has its flaws, but its still better than nothing. I'm frightened to think about what my health care plan may be next year. So now, as mentioned in class today, I may have to vote on one particular issue at hand, not the actual candidate.

1 comment:

  1. I agree this election is one for the books and I am terrified!

    ReplyDelete